Monday, November 13, 2006

final preparations

Monday 6th November. My first day of freedom... so what am I doing at work? Fact is, I've had to do a bit more handover and sorting out than I hoped, as the project I was most heavily involved in has not quite settled dwon as smoothly as I had hoped. But then they never do.
I've spent the last few days ticking off lists and getting the last few bits and pieces I need. Probably I've got too much. The problem is dealing with everything from a tropical island to the Himalayas. But I'm sure it will be fine.
Not helped by the fact that the boiler is being replaced all week and there is no hot water or heating. And I'm also organising details for a new bathroom carefully timed for installation when I'm away.
Finally it's Friday. The customary long queues at Hethrow, then I'm actually on the plane and in the air. I lay back and think of my plans for 180 days ahead...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home