Sunday, November 05, 2006

nearly off

Keith intends to get into the local culture during his trip


It's nearly here and I can't quite believe how fast it's arrived. I haven't done a load of things I ought to have done... When talked about it with my bosses and got the nod 4 months ago it seemed ages away. And when I set up this blog 2 months ago it still seemed remote. But suddenly here it is.

I've had a great send off from friends and work. Last weekend there was a great party here at home where everyone got drunk (some of us more than others Tony). I put together a video with Yasser around my trip with some great images.
And there was a video of last year's Christmas party.

Then there was a nice drink up at the work. Everyone has been very kind about it. especially the management who have never treid to dissuade me, even though the office is very busy. I feel slightly guilty about leaving now - but then I suppose there never is a good time. It was a great evening at the Prophet. I shared it with Dom, my colleague who left the same day to go and work in Hong Kong, so I will be meeting up with im just before Christmas.

Plans have had to change for the New Year segment as Yasser was refused a visa for VietNam, without any reasons given. So now I'm going to Bali instead at that time and VietNam a bit later. There were a couple of nights of major reshuffling and rebooking but we got there. Now I might be able to get all the way by train from Hanoi to Saigon in one journey.

1 Comments:

Blogger Yasser said...

Keith, I did not like you publishing me being refused a Visa...I have a pride...lol
What the Americans think of me now..:-) Delighted? ..lol

I always consider it their loss..

:-)

12:39 am, November 14, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home